Cyrillic Software Suite
Copyright © 1997-98 by Leonid and John Neystadt.
- Whats New?
- What will I find here?
- How to Install?
- Detailed Documentation
What will I find here?
All Russian WEB sites have to provide different encodings of Russian texts.
Four main encodings are CP1251 for Windows, KOI8 for UNIX, MAC for Macintosh and
transliteration for users accepting only English texts.
This suite is built of PERL scripts is intended for web- and post-master solving various issues related to multiple
charsets, for both interactive and CGI use.
You may install these scripts on your servers for your own use for free.
To obtain permision for redistribution or any other usage, please
Drop me a line if you deploy these scripts on your site.
- Windows NT: You can download a CGI suite v1.22 here in ZIP form.
- UNIX The packages only is available for downloading in standard CPAN form:
- Scripts require the above two package sets.
To install Windows NT suite
Archive contains tree of subdirectories with root named cgi-bin. On UNIX unpack
with tar and unzip, on Windows use WinZip. If you use
another directory for scripts, just rename it. Note that PERL packages (.pm)
are required to reside in subdirectories they are in archive and not straight
in root of your scripts directory.
To install CPAN packages
Put the archive in temporary directory and unpack it (gunzip < file-name.tar.gz | tar -xvf -). Issue:
This will install the package into your system. Note that MakeMaker is required for this, which is always present on UNIX
systems and comes in standard distribution of PERL on NT. Note that ActiveState's perl does not supports MakeMaker.
To install Cyrillic Mail Filter script
I use this script as a filter for majordomo. In aliases file put something like:
ksp-lat: "|/usr/lib/majordomo/wrapper ./cyr-mail-filter.pl -fAUTO -tVOL -s | ./resend -l ksp-lat ksp-lat-resend"
- Added support for Utf-8 to Lingua::DetechCharset.pm
- CODE.PL 1.14 release, now supports UTF-8 (Unicode) charset.
- Convert::Cyrillic 1.01 released, now supports UTF-8 (Unicode) charset.
- Cyrillic Mail Filter 1.03 released. Now supports RFC 1522, for Cyrillic Subject encoded accordingly.
- Cyrillic Mail Filter 1.02 released.
- CODE.PL 1.13 release, containing minor code updates.
- Documetation improved, www site restructured.
- Convert::Cyrillic::Utils 1.00 released.
- HTTP::Headers::UserAgent 1.00 released.
- 7-Aug-1998: CODE.PL 1.1 released.
- New encoding NOCS introduced, to enable browsers which do not support correctly <META
HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" ...> work with code.pl. With this encoding page is
translated to KOI8-r and meta-tag is deleted.
- Fixed bug. In the previous version code.pl generated bad meta-tag in volapuk encoding.
Now the meta-tag is deleted for this encoding.
- Added tips into documenation to get nice readable urls for multiple encodings like
[John Neystadt's WWW]
Last modified 2:15AM 18-Nov-1998
Created by John Neystadt